Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Thing Three: Keeping Up

I set up my aggregator account using Bloglines and it was quite simple. The only time consuming piece was deciding what feeds to include. I can see that it should be a continual process of adding interesting things as they are discovered, and deleting those that are no longer of interest. I added 12 feeds the first day, which I found by using Bloglines search tool, their most popular feeds list, and just looking for the feed icon on websites I routinely access already. Some of them had quite a large number of posts the next time I checked in and I’ve already removed a feed. It can easily be time wasting if I’m not able to readily sort what is worth a read; especially since I am easily side-tracked. I tried the clippings feature and that may be useful. Now that I know how to use this tool, I’ll be able to add useful feeds as I come across them.

1 comment:

Mike said...

Hi Kim!

I signed up for an account so I could blog with you. You will have to show me how to set up my own blog page now that I have one too.

Mike-Thehumanresource